Sunday, May 2, 2010

2nd birthday party

On Saturday,Logan celebrated his birthday with mommy and daddy. Greg and I had put his sand and water table together while watching Tornado warnings on TV on Friday night. On Saturday morning, Logan got up and never noticed his giant birthday present sitting in the middle of the living room floor. Finally he checked it out and he loved it. He liked to sit in it and race his cars in it. We haven't even put sand or water in it and he already likes it. Then Greg took Logan to Target and let him pick out 2 toys for his birthday. In the afternoon, Greg and Logan went to Laumier Sculpture park while I stayed home with Tyson and got the house clean for the party. We took Logan to McDonalds for fries and chicken to celebrate his birthday night.

Logan celebrated his second birthday today. Grandma and Grandpa Higgins, Great-Grandma Higgins, and Grandma and Grandpa Bradley came over for lunch after church. We ate lunch and then had birthday cake. I made his cake this year. I am HORRIBLE at making cakes. Just ask my sister. I remember one time she fell on the floor laughing at my cake that I made for my mom. It was that bad. I think I threw a knife at her afterwards. It was a butter knife. ANYWAY,



I really made this cake and these cupcakes. There was a pig a sheep and a chick Can you tell I'm way proud? I know they look homeade but the fact that they don't have pieces of cake in the icing and they actually resemble a barn and animals is almost miraculous.
Logan did great at blowing out the candle. In fact, he did it so fast that I missed getting a picture and we had to do it over.

Then my mom fed him cake while my dad gave him spice drops and handfuls of m&ms. Can we say sugar rush????
After cake we opened presents. Logan got a spiderman tricycle. He's already really good at riding it. It plays music and makes noises. It even has turn signals on it. He doesn't push the pedals yet. He just moves it with his feet but he'll grow into it. He rode it all over the house.








He also got a rake and 2 shovels. Both sets of Grandparents got him a shovel. They must know he likes dirt... just like his daddy. Greg asked me, "Are those shovels for Logan or for me?" Well, I guess he can share them...
Logan also got a big yellow dump truck. He can load it with all of his blocks or toys or dirt. He calls it his, "big, big truck."

He also likes to "ride" it!

After presents, Logan and Tyson played with their grandparents. They got a lot of attention. Logan put on a few shows... jumping, running, and singing for the grandparents.
When the grandparents left, I put both boys on a big blanket on the living room floor and we watched Ice Age until dinner time. Both kids were laughing the whole time. It was so cute.

By 6 pm both kiddos were asleep. They were SO worn out!!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Your cake looks awesome- so cute! I had a lot of catching up to do on your blog. And I was laughing so hard reading about the cake story because I was just telling Michael about that when we were talking about laughing at inappropriate times. I still feel really bad about it yet I can't help laughing when I think about it.