Monday, December 7, 2009

It's beginning to look a little like Christmas


We aren't doing much in the way of Christmas decorating at the Higgins house this season. Mostly because I'm scared that I will go into labor before I get my Christmas tree and decorations put away and they will remain up in our house until June.

But on Sunday, Greg did put up the Christmas tree. It's a prelit. It only has 2 pieces. It takes about 5 minutes to put up and take down. We're not going to put ornaments on it. We're just going to enjoy the lights this year.

Logan loved the tree. He walked around it kissing it and saying, "I love tree." He also hit it a few times. And on Monday I did find a toy dinosaur stuffed in the tree but all in all he's doing a good job with it.

He also loved the tree skirt that Grandma Bradley made. A few of the quilt blocks have tiny little trains on them and he loves to lay on the tree skirt and look for the "choo choos"



Also on Sunday the three of us made our first batch of Christmas cookies. We needed some to take to church and also to Aunt Pam and the new baby!



We gave Logan his own mixing bowl with chocolate chips and powdered sugar in it and let him stir and eat the sugar and chocolate chips.



I also let him eat raw cookie dough. I know. Bad mommy. But you gotta let your kids live a little, right?
It was a fun day and it got me into the Christmas spirt.

1 comment:

John said...

My mom made Christmas cookies with Lydia on Sunday, too!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/johnjmatlock/sets/72157622955252944/