Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Sometimes...

Sometimes it has to stop being all about the baby. It's good for the baby. It's good for the mommy and daddy. And it makes the blog interesting. So instead of posting about Logan today, this post is all about Greg and Jackie's trip to the land.
On Friday night, Logan stayed at Grandma and Grandpa Higgins' while Greg and I went to the land for some evening fishing.
Here is Greg hooking up the motor thing. (It has a name. I don't know it.)

Here is the dock that Glenn is building for the land.

The first fish of the evening.

Probably was caught near the dead tree. Greg always catches a TON of fish there.
MY FISH!! The first one I ever caught from a boat. I had to have help.


I told Greg it should have won a prize for "biggest eyes." He informed me that it only had big eyes because I was squeezing it. :)
We both caught a catfish. I think they are ugly and mean looking so I didn't take a picture of mine.
The sun started to go down. I caught 2 fish and Greg caught a lot of fish-- we didn't keep track.

The moon started to come out. (I'm not good at taking pictures of scenery but I was keeping myself entertained. Greg can fish for a little bit longer than me. But I enjoy being out in the boat with him!)

And Greg caught the last fish of the evening.

We had a really nice break. We got back to Greg's parents house at 10:00. We haven't been out that late in ages!! The next morning we got up early for the Warrenton City Wide Yard Sale. Fun weekend!

1 comment:

and Little Boy Messes said...

Nick really wanted to see the catfish but he enjoyed the other pictures as well. And Alex said Jackie and came running over.