Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Logan meets his new cousin

Monday night we got to meet Logan's new cousin and my adorable nephew, Alex. And I forgot my camera!! It was all crazy because we were at the hospital visiting my sister who had just returned from adopting Alex in China. While there she got a infected salivary gland and had to have surgery. It was so good that she got to come back to the states to have medical attention and it was great to see her.
Logan was so excited. He seemed so happy to see Aunt Julie and Uncle Ryan. He even tried to say "Julie" several times on Monday night.Then my parents came over to the hospital with Nick and Alex. Nick had fallen asleep but they were trying to get him to wake up and adjust to the new time zone. Poor boy. He was seriously like in a coma. I've never seen a kid sleep this soundly. He slept while my dad hauled him in and out of the car. He slept while they rode up the elevator. He slept in the chair in the hospital room. He slept while his cousin Logan crawled on top of him and kicked him. This was one tired kiddo. So needless to say, we were not able to wake Nick up and say hello.
We did get to say hello to Alex. He is so cute. He's much smaller than Nick but he's strangely heavy. He came in carrying his tool box and did really good at entertaining himself with screwdrivers and wrenches, etc. He seemed a little confused about everything. Of course, Julie and Ryan brought him home from China and then he went to stay with my parents while Julie is in the hospital so confusion is probably a legit emotion.
Logan loved him. They sat on the floor together and Logan kicked his feet and laughed at Alex. Alex seemed ok as long as Logan kept his distance and didn't try to take his toys or touch his necklace. I think the boys are all going to have a lot of fun together. I'll try to get some pictures when we see them next and add them to this post.

No comments: