Monday, June 28, 2010

Sick Day Stuff



If you see someone walking around Arnold, MO looking like a zombie, don't be frightened. It's not a zombie. It's me. Mother of TWO sick children, two and under... going on day #6 of sickness. Logan came down with a fever last Wednesday. He ran a fever for about 24 hours and then was ok, not 100% but I thought he was ok. On Saturday he started complaining of "mouth hurt." and stopped eating. He has hardly eaten anything since Saturday. On Sunday, I self-diagnosed him with hand, foot, and mouth disease. Thank Goodness for webmd when the doctor's office is closed!! Today I called the doctor to tell him my diagnosis and he concurred that he probably has HFMD. His recommendation? Popsicles, icecream, cold drinks, jello. Why can't I have a doctor prescribe icecream to me??? (Ok, I don't really want to get HFMD, it produces very painful blisters in the mouth. Ouch!)
Last night, Logan nicely shared his fever with his baby brother, Tyson. Tyson ran a fever of 101-102 all night and through the day today. It seems to have broken this evening. I hope, hope, hope he doesn't get a mouthful of blisters.
So, what have we been doing to pass the time while we are home sick?
1. Playing with Trains

2. Watching TV

3.  Building with Megablocks

4. Fighting over who gets to sit in mommy's lap

No comments: