Friday, June 11, 2010

Of bubbles and babies

 We finished our Hubbard's Cupboard Unit on
Bubbles. We read a few books on bubbles... that Logan wanted to read over and over and over and over and we did the activities. Of course, we had to blow bubbles. Logan's favorite phrase, "I do it!"
We made a bubble "painting" with white sticker dots, glue, and glitter!
We painted with shampoo and food coloring.
We made a boat and tried to float our little people in it. Logan was great at this activity. I put the little people in the boat standing up straight. They kept drowning. THEN, Logan who had been studying me, took the boat and very purposefully laid the people in the "boat". It floated perfectly and I swear, if that kid  knew how to roll his eyes, he would have rolled them at me right then. It's nice to be outsmarted by a two year old.  


Both boys got sensory exploration bags to play with. Logan's had soap and hair gel. As he turned it, it made bubbles. Tyson's had water and lots of tiny things to look at (but not eat!)


I wrote more about the books we studied on my reading blog. http://www.readysetread2me.blogspot.com/ if you aren't a follower, head over, check it out, comment, and follow! I'd love to have you!

No comments: