Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend 2010

We had a great Memorial Day Weekend. On Friday, I took the boys to Suson Park to see the animals. Logan loved it! It was Tyson's first trip to Suson. I, sadly, forgot my camera... which was the theme of the weekend.
On Saturday, Greg did some work around the house and then we went to Mastodon Park. Greg and Logan swam/played in the creek and caught crawdads. Logan loved the fish! Tyson and I watched them for a while and then we went for a walk. Again, forgot the camera.

This was my sign for Greg this weekend. I should have made one for Logan too.
After church on Sunday, Logan was sitting in his booster seat being silly and flinging his hands around his face. We think he poked himself in the eye. He started crying but since it was nap time anyway, we just put him to bed. He went to bed fine. Two hours later he woke up and was screaming! He cried for an hour. (which is very out of character) He would not open his eyes. He could. He just wouldn't. When I turned off the lights in the LR, he finally started opening them just a little bit. I finally decided to call the on-call pediatrician to see if we could give him anything to help the pain go away. To my suprise, she told us to take him to the ER. She said it sounded like a corneal abrasion and while those usually heal themselves, if they get infected they can cause major problems in 24 hours.
The Dr. at urgent care acted like Greg was an idiot for bringing Logan in. But Logan did get this cool "Pirate patch".


When Logan got home, Grandma and Grandpa were there. (They were planning on coming anyway). Grandma + Grandpa + pizza for dinner = rapid healing eye.
Logan played outside all evening and was fine--- except for a little redness and some watery eyes. Greg had a bunch of rocks for my dad so Logan "helped" with the rocks. Then we sat on the deck while Logan and Tyson played.


On Monday, we relaxed! The "guys" played dinosaurs.


Then while Tyson took his morning nap, Greg and Logan and I washed our van and Greg's truck. Logan LOVED the car wash!






He watered the grass and the trees.





And he watered himself.




In the afternoon, we broke out the baby pool and Logan got to go swimming. I do have pictures of that. I think they're still on my camera. I'll upload later.

No comments: