Monday, September 14, 2009

Branson 2009

We took a weekend trip to Branson, MO with the Pruetts and Grandma and Grandpa Bradley. We left Friday, Sept. 11th at 9 am. Greg, Logan and I rode with mom and dad. Logan was a perfect traveler. He listened to his music, looked at books, played with toys, and even took his afternoon nap!! Ryan, Julie, Nick and Alex came separately. We all met up at the Best Western in Branson on Friday afternoon. This is the second year we've stayed there and it's a great place. It's right next to Silver Dollar City, it has a big indoor pool and baby pool, and it has a free, delicious breakfast!!
On Friday night we went out to dinner and celebrated Ryan and Greg's birthdays. We had a great buffet dinner I think it was called Grand Country Buffet. It was seriously good!! It was actually Ryan's birthday... Greg's birthday is Sept. 27th, but we just celebrate both in Branson. Julie and Ryan went shopping and Greg, Logan, and I and Nick, Alex, Grandpa and Grandma all went back to the hotel to swim. That's right! My mom went swimming... for the first time in probably 20 years! The things grandparents will do for their grandkids. We put Logan to bed about 8 pm. He slept awesome both nights at the hotel.
On Saturday morning we went to Silver Dollar City. Logan got to ride a few rides... like the tram in the parking lot!
He also could ride the bugs and the frogs.

He wanted the bug to fly the whole time and would say, "UP, UP"

He thought he was as big as the "big boys" (Nick and Alex) this whole trip and wanted to do everything they were doing.


Logan also enjoyed petting to goats and trying to climb in with the chickens.

The other place that was great for him was the ball area. The bigger kids can suck up the balls with these big "vacuum cleaners" or shoot them out of these guns but Logan just liked running around in them.


There was also a fountain in this area that Logan got SOAKED in! We were very busy all day at Silver Dollar City and I was exhausted by the end... carrying around Tyson and pushing Logan in his stroller... whew, that was a work out.

We spent the evening at the Hotel again. The boys all went swimming and had a lot of fun. I did not take my camera to the pool. I did not want anyone taking pictures of me in a maternity swim suit.... yuck! My dad did have Greg take one picture that I was in but he told me I could hide behind his raft!!

We came home on Sunday and Logan did great in the car, again. It was a very relaxing vacation and we had a lot of fun hanging out with everybody... especially Logan's cousins Nick and Alex.

1 comment:

Julie said...

I don't think I ever got to see your swimming suit. I'm glad you posted these pictures since we left our camera in Branson! And Happy Birthday Greg!