Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Logan's first airplane ride

Logan got to take a trip to Georgia last weekend to celebrate Mandy and Sean's wedding. It was his first time on an airplane. He did really great on the whole trip.
First he helped mommy pack all week. It seriously took me a week to pack for a 3 day trip!!





Then we got up at 3:30 am Friday morning. I thought Logan would fall asleep in the car on the way to the airport but he stayed awake! We stopped at Brian's house to meet up with Greg's family and Logan was crawling all over the place -wide awake. The trek through the airport was great. If any of you are traveling with small children, check out the tsa website. They have lots of good tips and they will let you take a lot of extra liquids and food that you can't normally take. Logan did great on the plane. He really liked the air blowing on him.





As soon as the plane started taxiing to the runway, he grabbed his blankie and fell asleep across Greg and me. He slept until about 10 minutes before we started landing. When we got to Atlanta, we had to wait a long time to get into the gate. He sat on Grandma's lap and watched the trucks and planes with great interest!!

We had a fun, busy weekend... full of parties! Logan got to see lots of interesting things-- like this silly elk outside of Uncle Jerry's antique shop. Logan laughed every time he looked at this!
He got to see lots of his family and get lots of attention.
He also got to swim in the swimming pool with Daddy and Grandpa and Jared. (Hopefully Greg will email me pictures of that so I can put it in my blog.)
And he got to stay with a babysitter for the first time while mommy and daddy went out to the wedding. Of course when we got home at 12:30, he was standing up in his crib-- wide awake!
We had a good trip and we are glad to be home. I didn't get any pictures of me and Greg or me and Greg with Logan. I don't know how I missed out on that. But here is a picture of the beautiful bride. Congratulations to Mandy and Sean!

No comments: