Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas Afternoon


I know I have a ridiculous number of Christmas posts, but this is my baby's first Christmas and I want to remember it forever. It's scriptural- I think- even Mary, "Pondered all of these things in her heart." Or maybe that's a little out of context but this has been a special time for our family. On Christmas afternoon we went to my parent's house in Festus. We arrived around 12:3o so Logan could eat his Christmas lunch of pureed Turkey and rice and then take his afternoon nap. While he napped, the rest of us filled up on all the good stuff. Shhh, don't tell Logan but we had ham, potato casserole, rolls, jello salad, veggies, etc.



After lunch, we opened presents. Logan got a crawl along toy with ducks on it... his favorite, a ball popper thingy, some books, some clothes, and a whole box of Baby Mum-mum from Grandma and Grandpa. He got some very cute books and a wooden toy worm from Nick, and a Mega Blocks train and pair of Pooh overalls from Aunt Julie and Uncle Ryan. He liked the bows best!He also got a trampoline to share with Nick and all future grandkids and a horsey to share as well.

Greg and I got clothes (a sweater and sweatshirt), my mom's home canned goods and a part of a ham, and cash!

When gift opening was finished we had the annual talent show. Nick appointed himself as director. I think he has a future in directing. He decided that he would play "trumpet", Ryan would sing, and Julie would dance. Julie had plans to play the piano. We tried substitute dancers but Nick would not allow any guys to dance. Finally he said to me, "You dance." There is really no telling this kid no, so I did my best to dance to Christmas carols. Have you ever tried to dance to Christmas carols? Logan did do some dancing. He likes to stand up and shake his booty and when he is with nice people like his Aunt Julie, he gets lots of practice standing. She is much more patient than mommy and will hold him for as long as he wants.



Logan was also the "little drummer boy."
Grandpa took pictures and videos for his talent.


Greg played the piano. I think this is the best picture of the season!! Maybe our Christmas card for next year...


We had a great time on Christmas with family!

No comments: