Sunday, June 14, 2009

baby talk

So, this might seem like more of a "brog"- a brag on my kid blog -but I want to share all that my little boy is saying to me these days. He's 13 1/2 months old and so far here are the words in his vocabulary:
momma
dadda
baby
ouch
aahh- choo
yes (and ya)
no
moo
woof (more like f-f-f)
hi
bye
boo (and once he said, "peek-a-boo" as clear as could be to grandma, but it only happened once)
more
all done (more like "all duh")
hop
tickle (he says ti-ka, ti-ka-- and grabs his belly)
uh-oh
eyes
shoe
juice
cheese
happy
He basically talks non-stop. Usually in jibberish. He has also taken to pointing to people in the store and then going into lengthy jibberish to me about them. Sometimes embarrassing.
He also loves to talk on the phone. He picks up his play cell phone (or daddy's blackberry... whichever is closer) and he holds it to his head and says, "hi". The other day he had a very angry call on his cell phone. His whole body got tense and he started yelling in baby jibberish. I promise, Greg nor I remember going off on anyone on our cell phone so we don't think we modeled it. Maybe he saw it on TV or something?
I'm sure soon I'll be tired of his excessive talking and when he gets to be a preschooler I'll wish he didn't talk and ask so many questions, but for now I love to hear him learn new words every day. I can't wait to hear what he says next!

No comments: