Tuesday, January 24, 2012

These Days

Here is our life lately:

Tyson had his 2 year old well child check. He weighed 29 lbs and was 36 inches tall. You know what that means? He can ride the rides at Silver Dollar City! He will be one happy boy.
At his check up, the doctor noticed that he was wheezing. Here we go, another kid starting albuterol. Wonder if this one will end in an asthma diagnosis too?

We started visiting a new church, South Telegraph Christain Church. We really like it! After the first week, Logan told me, "The teacher's there are just really great."
The only crazy thing is that the first week we went, Tyson was apparently exposed to whooping cough. The children's minister called to notify me, which I thought was sweet. Then the health department called, which I thought was scary.

Tyson went to see an audiologist. It was a Cardinal Glennon audiologist and I have to say, it was one of the most kid friendly doctor appointments ever! When he got restless during his hearing test, the audiologist took a break and let him run up and down the hallway. Now there's someone who understands two year olds!

Logan got to have his first "drop off" playdate. I took him over to Luke's house and I left him there. Of course, Luke's mom was there to supervise, it's not like the two boys were ruling the house. Then again, they could probably handle it. They are pretty cool kids. I was wondering if he'd be ok with me leaving him. He marched up to the door and looked at me like, "why are you coming in?" I think I could have driven by, opened the van door, and honked the horn! Luke and Logan had a ton of fun. And guess what they played? Deer Hunting. Their daddies will be so happy!

Logan enrolled for PreK tonight at Wee School. It feels like seconds ago that he was 10 months old and I was dropping him off at Concord for Sunday School. He loved the enrollment night. And he especially loved meeting his teacher. I showed him the calendar and the schedule in the room. The kid is pretty much obsessed with schedules. He made me read it to him three times. He never looked at any of the toys the other kids were looking at. He looked at name tags and hundreds charts. I told the teacher he might need to be pushed more into play. He's so "work" oriented! After we met his teacher, we had cookies upstairs. He scarfed down his cookie and then said, "When I'm doing eating, I'm going back to my class." I'm not sure what he's going to think about waiting 8 months for school to start!!

Greg and I are leading a small group bible study on Friday nights. It's awesome. We have 3 other couples with young kids (10 in total). We hire 2 babysitters and throw all the kids in the basement. We stay upstairs and snack and drink and enjoy adult time! Then we study the book of John or we just talk, whatever the group seems to need. I am making amazing friends. The kind of people who help me solve life's great crisis like, "What do I do when my 3 year old is done with napping but I still need a break?" And friends who I can't stop talking to even when it's time to leave! The guys all get along too :P

Ready. Set. Read! is hopping and I'm even beginning to work on some collaborative blogs, work with some teacher groups, and work with some great companies. It's busy but still fun... most of the time. Tonight I was sick of looking at all things educational, crafty, and early literacy. So I jumped on here to share a bit of our life!

I am beginning to learn that life is a series of seasons. There's good and bad to each one. Recording the highs and lows helps me to go back and see how God has carried us through a season with blessings in the midsts of hardships. As my (twitter) friend Mandisa says, "In the middle of the crazy, God your love is so amazing"

No comments: