Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Tiny Talk Tuesday

I need play a little catch up on my Baby Blog. I have pictures of the boys I want to share and cute things they've been saying that I want to record. Be prepared for a lot of ramblin' on this one, folks!

Tyson isn't a big talker yet but he is getting the basics down. He can say hi, bye, yes, more, juice, cheese, cookie, ma-ma, da-da and a few more. He calls Logan "Ya-ya." most of the time. He loves to sing ring around the rosie and sings, "ashes, ashes, -- -- down." His favorite word, though, is "uh-oh". If you're around him for a few minutes seconds, you'll know why:



Don't look at my messy kitchen, but these boys are BUSY!



Tyson also likes to do animal sounds. He loves dogs and whenever he sees one, he says, "Woof! Woof!" He also loves to roar like a tiger and make an elephant sound. His favorite game is chase mommy with a toy snake. He yells, "sssss" and he loves to make me scream! His brother has also taught him to play "shooting games" so he loves me to shoot at the snake or he loves to shoot at it. Luckily, Logan still says, "I'll shoot you with water!"

Logan now picks up anything and everything that we say, that the kids at the park say, that he hears on TV, that he hears at church, etc. We have to be careful around that boy.

Some of his phrases don't come out quite right. For instance, he likes to say, "See you Crocodile. Hello Alligator."
Some of his accessory choices don't come out right either!

He's also figured out past events and present happenings but he can't quite get the language down. He says "next day" (tomorrow) and "last day" (yesterday).  Although, he does pretty much have the days of the week down pat... thank you Leapfrog.
His vocabulary is really growing and I've heard him using words like, "postponed" "exhibit" and "fantastic"-- yeah for early book sharing. Grows that vocabulary by leaps and bounds!

He's quite a problem solver. He makes up songs and he makes up games. His instructions are usually very long winded and I usually have no idea how to actually play the game! Sometimes his problem solving is a bit askew.
"My feet was all dirty so I put them in the toilet." - Logan
No it wasn't a clean toilet. In my dreams.

For the most part the boys love each other. But they are typical brothers. The other day Logan told me, "I don't want Tyson by me. He smell like donuts."
Buddy, sometimes that kid smells a lot worse.
We've started taking them to "Kid Zone" the childcare facility at our recreation center for 1 hour/day while Greg and I work out together. Logan is a good big brother and watches over Tyson the whole time. The teachers told me that every once in a while, Logan stops what he is doing and says, "Where's Tyson?"
Of course, he loves to tattle on Tyson too. When we picked them up from kidzone tonight, the entire car ride home Logan said, "Tyson, don't hit the babies. Tyson, don't hit the babies. Tyson do not hit the babies." (At least he said it in a very pleasant tone so I know the workers are being kind!)

This picture has nothing to do with "Tiny Talk" but I think it's funny... and random.. so where do I put it?
A bird flew into our window and was "stunned" for a while. Greg went out and held it up for the boys to see. Logan was having deep conversations with the bird through the window of our house!
Well, everyone in my house is sleeping soundly now... so goodnight!

No comments: