Friday, December 24, 2010

Cousin Christmas Party

Logan went to his annual Cousin's Christmas Party on Wednesday night. Grandma and Grandpa Bradley take all the Grandsons- wait all of the Grandsons that are "old enough"- out for an evening to see the Christmas lights at Tillis Park. Last year, Logan was old enough for the lights but not really old enough to handle a sleep over with his big cousins. This year, he was old enough to spend the night!! Grandma and Grandpa had a free hotel room through their rewards program so they took the boys to the Best Western in Festus (it used to be the Holiday Inn- if you are Festus folk.) The boys got to swim and sleep in the same room as Grandma and Grandpa. I think they had a blast. My parents delivered a very, very, very tired little boy back to us at noon on Thursday. After he had taken a loooong winter's nap, he told us all about his time out. I thought it was cute that he can now retell everything that happened so I interviewed him and wrote down his version of events.

Did you go see the lights with Grandma and Grandpa?
Yes. There were lights. There was a penguin too.

What did you eat for supper?
Sausage!!! And eggs! And Grandma love eggs!!
I think you ate that for breakfast. What did you eat for supper?
I don't know.
I think you went to Burger king.

Did you go swimming at the hotel?
yes. Grandpa hold my belly and help me swim. Nick can swim by himself. He go fast. He go SO fast. Someday I swim by myself. Someday I will.
Did you go under the water or jump in?
No. I swim and say, "Sharky, sharky follow me. Sharky, Sharky, follow me." so then I say, "I get you, Nick. I get you, Alex. I get you Pa-pa."
What about Grandma? Did she swim?
Not really. She sat in a chair. The water was very cold. It too cold. Grandpa and Alex get towels.

Did you eat breakfast at the hotel?
I eat eggs! (Let's just remember that this kid won't eat eggs at home.. or mac 'n cheese-which is what Grandma says he ate for supper... but I guess when his big cousins do it, he joins right in.)

Other things he told me:
I go to Julie's house. She have SO many presents. So then, I see presents. I see a present for pa-pa and one for MEEEEEEE! (And then he danced for a few minutes).
I see Casper. Julie have a dog. Julie have a dog Casper.


Needless to say, he had a blast at his cousin Christmas party. Don't tell Tyson how much fun they had.! Tyson did enjoy staying home with mommy (and a sick daddy) and getting lots of extra attention.
Well, off to celebrate Christmas Eve with my boys and Greg. We are staying home due to sickness, not having our van, and snow! We are just going to try and relax and enjoy being together. Merry Christmas everyone! I'm sure I'll have pictures of a fun Christmas morning up soon!

No comments: