Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Baby Tyson

Tyson Gregory Higgins was born January 11, 2010! His due date was January 13th but they offered to induce us early. If you've ever been 39 weeks pregnant and had someone offer to get that baby out of you early, you know, I said, "YES!" On Sunday, January 10, we dropped Logan off at Grandma and Grandpa Bradley's and came home to try and sleep before the big day. They called us at 5:50 am and said to come in at 7:40. We got to the hospital and they put us in the exact same room that Logan was born in. That was really special!! Plus, it's a great room because it's tucked away at the end of the hall by itself.
First they took my blood and I almost passed out. Not a great start but once they got me some fluids, I was fine. They started my pitocin and only turned it up 2xs because labor just took off on it's own. I got my epidural around noon. I love epidurals. I don't ever want to have a baby without one! Greg and I were betting on when the baby would arrive. I said 3:00 and he said 5:00, Tyson, the great compromiser, came at 4:04!! I was SO ready for him to arrive because the whole time I was in labor, his heart beat was all over the place. It would go up to 180 and then plummet to 87.
Daddy wanted to deliver the baby but mommy said, "NO!" The nurses were encouraging him. They even went and got gloves for him just in case Dr. Snowden would let him. Dr. Snowden said that I was the boss and since I said no it was a no-go! I told Greg that if he can give me a girl next, he can deliver the baby. (Greg, that's for you. I put it in writing!)
But really, look at this face... Tyson obviously was stressed out by labor... so I didn't want to throw any kinks in it!

Tyson weighed 8lbs. 9 oz. (Logan weighed 8lbs. 10 oz.) and Tyson was 21 1/2 inches long (Logan was 21 1/4). So they were pretty much identically sized babies... but Tyson, you can always say you were taller than your big brother at birth.

We don't really know who he looks like. He kind of looks like an old man. A very cute old man, I think!



Mommy and Daddy were very happy to be done with labor and holding our precious boy!


Proud momma.


Proud Daddy! He has the boy's names on his shirt.

We enjoyed having family and friends come see us in the hospital. Of course, the most important visitor was the big brother, Logan. He wasn't super into seeing the baby. He was more interested in the hospital room and going, "bye-bye" with Grandma and Grandpa. He knew they would take him to McDonald's for Fries and coke!


Grandma and Grandpa Bradley came and brought Logan with them.



Ben came on the night Tyson was born. He brought McDonalds for Greg. It was SO NICE! After being with me in labor for 8 hours, Greg was really needing some food.



Tyson's cousins came to visit!
Pam and Jared came on Monday night. Pam brought me CHOCOLATE!



Nick and Alex came on Tuesday. They came in the room and Grandpa Higgins was holding Tyson. Alex looked right at the baby and then said, "where's Tyson." I don't think he was planning on seeing something that small. Then Nick said, "Can he talk?" Julie said, "No." Nick said, "Well he can at least say, goo-goo, gaa-gaa, right?" I think they are ready for their cousin to grow up and play with them!

Grandma and Grandpa Higgins came by to see us as well.


We got to bring Tyson home on Wednesday morning. We were the first to be released! Tyson wore this elephant outfit home. I picked it out because Logan loves the word "Elephant".

Logan came home Wednesday afternoon (after mommy had a nap.) At first he was unsure of the baby and completely uninterested. He was also extremely overtired and off his schedule. But later that night he crawled up in the chair and offered Tyson a corner of his blanket. Logan only offers his blanket to those he loves so we're off to a good start!
It was so good to have my 2 boys home!



Greg got to take off the whole week and he totally took over caring for Logan so I could focus on Tyson. He was great! He took him on outings so I could sleep while the baby slept. They ran errands for me and Greg took him for walks outside and to powder valley to see the deer!! The boys are so lucky to have such an amazing daddy!


Whew, that was a long post but lots of good memories to get down!

1 comment:

Julie said...

You'll be glad you wrote it all down before you forget the important details! Hope everyone is doing great. Hopefully, we'll be able to see you guys again sometime soon. Guess what? Nick and Alex are going to have another boy cousin! Nate and Charlene found out today they are having a boy.